Thursday 10 March 2016

Evolution of my Digipak and Final Design

Shown to the left is my final Digipak design for Walk Off The Earth's 'Sing It All Away' album. The design does diverge slightly away from my original draft. For one, the original idea of having an earth on the front cover is not included on my final cover as I felt that it was not relevant enough to the band and was therefore fairly confusing; instead I decided to simply have the name of the band as well as the album name shown. On the interior of the Digipak, whilst I have largely kept the colour scheme similar to that which I initially anticipated, the actual design of the interior differs from my original draft- this includes the exclusion of the song names from the inside of the cover, as well as the replacement of the CD backing with a stretched out photo of the band across two panels of the Digipak. So, whilst my initial draft to offer much inspiration to my final example, the process of re-drafting and essentially 'playing around' with my design throughout the production process led to a alternative example to which I first off imagined, however I am undoubtedly happy with how it has concluded. 
Shown below are a few screenshots showing the evolution of my Digipak throughout the production process. Notice the differences in text, typography and the placement of the record label throughout these examples:

Example 1)
Example 2)
Example 3)


No comments:

Post a Comment